Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Plea For Prayer

I hear their cries, I see their eyes, silently as they pass by.
Is there anyone? Anyone who will pray for me?

The theme is raised, the experience seems but lost,
where are the men and women who will pay the cost?

I have felt, I have seen,
I know the power of a life redeemed.

I have prayed, hours spent, cries for the lost
but will I do it again?

Where is the burden? Where is the fire?
For more than just our own heart's desire.

What is passion without prayer?
Am I alone able to save truth through my opinion cast?

A thousand times I say no,
without prayer it shall not come to pass.

Oh that I would find time throughout my day to give in prayer
for the loss of truth in a world full of despair.

My meager efforts are from one alone, but by chance
God might grant, and revive us again.

Perhaps the world may continue at this pace,
but as for us, if only revival would visit this place.

Breath of God, breathe even now, that those who have not known
may find your presence in its fullness shown.

Change has come but You change not.
Oh, that truth would once again be sought!

Give us a hunger that cannot be filled,
for true righteousness revealed.

Oh, that we would love truth, and live in a way
that changes the world because we took the time to pray!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment