Monday, March 22, 2010

Hurricane In Vanuatu

Here's something funny!!

We have had horrible wind and rain here and the apartment flooded at least ten times in one day. We had a tree blow over and some of the nattangora (thatch) flew off our roof. We kept checking, but couldn't find anything on the Internet about it, so we didn't worry. Well, come to find out, two days later, it was a hurricane and we didn't even know it!! We heard it was a category five, but found out later that it was only a category three when it went over us.

I'm thankful I didn't know at the time, with Nathan gone! It's not nearly as bad when you find out afterwards!! I guess that explains why we didn't have Internet for two days!

Nathan is going to be so upset that he missed it! It was like an extra windy-rainy, nonstop thunderstorm in the Midwest.

You want to know something even crazier??? I had our two bedroom windows open during the night and I told Nate that the wind was so bad it was shaking the bed. He probably thought I was just exaggerating! I guess next time I won't trust the news and will at least shut my windows!!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment